Want a fun hobby that earns you some extra money while encouraging your artistic side?
This summer, Terra Toys will be offering free workshops on how to draw bags that Terra Toys will buy. What do they do with the bags? Terra Toys uses them as complimentary gift-wrap for customers, However, you might also be able to enter your bag art into the Bag Art Show in September and participate in the silent auction to sell your bag for 100% of the selling price!!
The bag art workshops are 2:00-4:00 pm on June 29th, July 6th, July 20th, August 3rd and August 17th
Sign up for a space today by calling or visiting Terra Toys 2438 W Anderson Lane (512) 445-4489
It’s Official! The Terra Toys Top Ten Toys for 2014 is here!
Like most of our toys, these top ten winners will be available to touch and play with for the whole rest of the year, but if you want more action, join us for live demonstrations and refreshments on Friday November 21st, 12pm to 4pm.
1. C-1 Spider Launcher – An air-powered dart launcher you wear as a glove! Just squeeze your hand into a fist to send the foam darts flying. And you can keep your extra ammo in the wristband quiver! Perfect for a superhero-in-training! Ages 5+.
2. Tegu Magnetic Blocks – Made in Tegucigalpa, Honduras, these little building toys combine the classic look of traditional wooden blocks with the flexibility and fun of magnets! They are totally unique and come in gorgeous color schemes for ages 1+.
3. Loop de Loom – Weave your very own scarves, cuffs, purses, pillowcases — the possibilities are endless with this new kind of loom! Weaving is as easy as threading yarn through the spinning pegs. You can even interlock multiple sets for longer projects! Simple and fun for ages 8+.
4. Folkmanis Black Cat Puppet – One of the most exceptionally lifelike and user-friendly puppets we’ve come across! These little kitty puppets are soft, lovable, and easy to use. Puurrrfect for ages 3+.
5. Dino Construction Vehicle Trio – Super sturdy hybrid dinosaur-machines! Choose from a Steam Roller, Skid Loader, and a Bulldozer. The perfect toy for someone who loves trucks and dinosaur figures. Ages 3+.
6. Animo Tractor Play Set – An adorable wooden play set from the French company Janod. Complete with farm animals, a tractor and a pull cart, this imaginative little scene is great for ages 18 months+.
7. Zither Heaven Rock-it Stick – Part guitar, part dulcimer, this maple wood instrument sounds great no matter what your level of musical experience, thanks to clever D-A-D tuning. Made in the USA. Ages 6+.
8. Lottie Dolls – These award-winning dolls come in a huge range of styles and interests! Whether you love butterflies or pirates, ponies or robots, snow queens or karate – Lottie loves it all too. Best of all, the Lottie Dolls have a childlike frame, with no high heels and no makeup. They’re regular kids just like you! Ages 3+.
9. Snap Circuits Green – Learn about alternate energy with this innovative take on the Snap Circuits science kits! Simply snap the pieces together to learn all about electricity, energy and circuitry. Build an FM radio, a solar-powered clock, a hybrid car, and many more! Ages 8+.
10. Nanoblocks – Build 8-bit inspired models of animals, instruments, or famous landmarks with these TEENY TINY Lego-like bricks! The small pieces allow for intricate detail and endless possibilities. Perfect for architects and gamers alike! Ages 8.+
Terra Toys just got a new shipment of all sorts of amazing City Legal fireworks and Sparklers! From huge confetti blasters to snappers and morning glory sparklers! We have all the supplies for a festive New Year celebration!
If you have never heard of a Slider before, come in and ask for a Demonstration of any of our fireworks! Sliders are a cool new sparkling stick that you slide with your shoes, and they sparkle and zip and zazz around! SO FUN!
We also have wedding-appropriate sparklers! Highly Photogenic, long lasting and beautiful.
Choo Choo! Come to Terra Toys on July 15, 2010, 1:00 to 3:00pm to paint your own train. Terra Toys provides materials and instruction, including a wooden boxcar or tanker that fits on any standard wooden railway (cars are made by the same company that makes Thomas the Train Wooden Railway). See you there!
This year’s Fairy Tea Party was a big success! Over the course of the two-hour event, more than 100 excited kids participated. Many arrived in delightful costumes with wings, glitter, capes. Children made the rounds to several tables, each station providing the next step in the fairy-making craft, and ending with tea and cookies. Kids also received tickets for free face-painting three doors down at our new children’s shoe store, kidOshoe.
In fact, the whole party was so cool that our Gretchen made the front page of today’s Austin American-Statesman’s Metro section.
Click here for more photos.
If you liked this event, check out next month’s event: Paint Your Own Train! July 15th, 1-3pm – more details soon…
It’s time again for our most popular event of the year – the fairy tea party! Kids of ALL ages are invited to dress up as fairies or goblins, witches or warlocks, and come make a fairy craft. Cute and fun, and the cookies are always scrumptious. Thursday, June 17th, 1:00 to 3:00p.m. This is a free event.